Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Khloé Kardashian Explains Why She Likes Dating Celebrities, Talks ‘Dark and Toxic’ Marriage with Lamar Odom

Khloé Kardashian harper's bazaar
Khloé Kardashian is clearing the air about her love life.
The reality star, who recently filed for divorce from Lamar Odom for a second time, opens up to Harper’s Bazaar about dating and the men in her life. Though the 31-year-old is currently single and ready to mingle, she admits she’s not ready to date someone outside the industry for one sole reason.
“The thing I dislike the most [about being a Kardashian] is the judgment on us,” she confesses. “If I want to go out with a group of friends, it’s never as harmless as that. There has to be some story the next day that I’m dating somebody.”

“I used to wonder why celebrities only dated celebrities, but when you’re in it you understand. You feel a little safer,” continues Kardashian, whose ex-boyfriends include rapper French Montana and basketball player James Harden. “If you’re seen with someone on your first date, you’re automatically getting married the next day. It’s so extreme! So when you’re two celebrities, you can keep it really quiet at first, to see if you even like each other. Dating someone in your world is a little easier.”
While Kardashian insists that her relationship with Odom is “really good” and that he’ll “always” be in her life, she feels her marriage to the former NBA star, who suffered a drug overdose at a Nevada brothel last year, was not a good one.
“My home [with Odom] was dark and toxic,” she tells the publication. “At the time, my family didn’t know what I was going through. It was the biggest secret I’ve kept. I just needed a place to go.”
khloe-kardashian-harpers-bazaar-2
CREDIT: Zoey Grossman
According to Kardashian, she couldn’t hide out at Kris Jenner’s house because “she would start asking too many questions” and didn’t want to stay at a hotel  because “the paparazzi would see me and it would look shady.” With nowhere else to go, Kardashian says she found refuge in a gym.
“They had a TV and I could watch The Real Housewives on an elliptical,” Khloé laughs, explaining that working out so much led to her 40-pound weight loss. “No one talked to me. I loved that solitude.”
Post a Comment