Friday, 15 April 2016

Selena Gomez Would Like You to Stop Talking About Her Rehab Stint

selena gomez topless gq
Selena Gomez is moving on from her past.
In her latest interview with GQ, the “Hands to Myself” singer vents her frustrations about the public’s fascination about delicate matters in her personal life. Though she’s been living in the public spotlight for years now and understands why people are curious about her life, she insists that a line needs to be drawn.
When the interviewer starts asking Gomez about her 2014 stint in rehab, where she later revealed she had received chemotherapy for lupus, the 23-year-old immediately cuts him off with a “no, no, no, no, no.”

“First off, this is something that everyone always wants to fixate on. I got diagnosed with lupus. My mom had a very public miscarriage. So I had to cancel my tour. I needed time to just be okay,” she explains. “And I was going through leukemia”—though the writer notes that she probably meant to say chemotherapy here—”and I went to two different locations for those treatments. It’s really frustrating, because I am 100 percent allowed to have that.”
“I understand what you’re asking … but I’m just saying, I don’t think it really matters,” she tells the reporter. “My past seems to be way more fascinating for people than my future, which bums me out.”
“I don’t ever really like to sit and dwell on what that experience was,” she says of being diagnosed with lupus. “Was it fun? No. Is it fun to have it? No.”
As for growing up in the spotlight? Gomez tells the publication with, as the reporter notes, “pure anger in her voice” that it’s hard being a child star.
“We’re easy targets. Every single kid who was brought up like this is an easy target,” she says. “It’s disgusting, because it’s interesting to grown adults that these kids go through weird things because they’re figuring out, ‘Do I like this? Do I love this? Maybe I love this person. Oh, I’m exposed to this, people are reporting my every move and this and that because of Instagram and Twitter and you can find out everything.'”
She muses, “Because it’s, I don’t know, fun, maybe? It’s like watching a car crash as you’re driving past it. You want to watch it”
“And I get it,” she notes about the public’s obsession. “I just have to be patient. It’s slowly dissolving the older I get. And I just have to be patient and make great things with quality, from producing to singing to acting. And one by one, I will be able to change the dialogue and people won’t care about everything that’s happened to me.”
Post a Comment