Saturday, 26 March 2016

Tracy Morgan Contemplated Suicide Following His Near-Death Collision

The comedian is finally making light of a very dark situation.
Tracy Morgan opens up to Rolling Stone in a candid interview about his tour bus’s collision with a Walmart tractor trailer that almost took his life and killed his best friend and fellow comedian James McNair.
“A doctor said, ‘The two biggest accidents in the world was yours and Princess Diana,'” recalled the 30 Rock actor. “Think about it. That’s heavy s**t.”
Morgan says that he encountered the afterlife as he hung in a coma, and even spoke to his late father, who told him not to give up.
“He was the one who said, ‘Go home, son. I ain’t ready for you yet,’ ” says Morgan. “I don’t think I cheated death. I think this was the plan. My room wasn’t ready.”
“It’s gonna take more than 18 wheels for me to get out of here. I have to raise my girl, raise my wife, raise my family.”
 Still, Morgan made a miraculous physical recovery just in time to appear onstage at the 2015 Emmy Awards, which astounded the in-house audience and viewers at home. He tells the magazine that he returned to Earth with comedic gifts from late stand-up legends like Richard Pryor, but it took deep spiritual healing to overcome the dark post-traumatic thoughts as his body mended.
“I thought I was going to die for a long time,” says Morgan. “My thoughts – I was in a very dark place. I was sitting right here, contemplating suicide. I couldn’t walk.”
Optimism and humor is the result as the comedian’s rise from the ashes. “I look forward to my wife getting pregnant again,” says Morgan of his wife Megan Wollover. “I look forward to my daughter going to nursery school. I’m here. I get to see all of that.”
Read Morgan’s interview with Rolling Stone in its entirety over on RollingStone.com.
Post a Comment