azealia banks
After returning to dancefloor-murdering form on “The Big Big Beat” last month, Azealia Banks is back with her second new song of 2016 today in the shape of “Used to Being Alone.” The track opens with Azealia’s airy vocals before building to a belting climax built off Tony Igy’s “Astronomia.” Coincidentally, that song was also sampled on 2011’s “My World” by Iggy Azalea, who drew more ire from Azealia Banks on Twitter earlier today.

“Mentioning me is the only thing that will get you attention,” Banks tweeted. “Because ur music and nose job are trash.” She later threatened to “do something SO fucking petty. You’re gonna be gagging all year.” Her tweets appear to be in response to Iggy’s comments in a recent interview with Elle Canada, in which she made her feelings towards Ms. Banks known loud and clear.
I think the Azealia Banks thing is what really started it all. We don’t like each other on a personal level, and that has gone on for many years—before the Black Lives Matter incident happened. Even though I still hate Azealia Banks, I wish I had said it in a way that didn’t make people think I was oblivious to the movement.
While that juicy slab of beef continues to sizzle on the grill, press play on the new Azealia Banks below. Her forthcoming project Slay-Z is coming soon.