big-kap-rip
The Hip-Hop community is in mourning on this Wednesday (Feb 3) as the news of Big Kap’s passing has hit the Internet. Getting his start in Far Rockaway, the legendary New York City DJ was a local hero in the Big Apple.
Back in the 90s, Kap DJ’d with Funkflex at The Tunnel nightclub, manned the turntables for Biggie and dropped the one & only Tunnel album with Flex. Not to mention, his solo DJ gigs across the world.
We’re still waiting for more news on his death, but Missinfo.tv sends our prayers to his friends and family at this time. Rest In Peace.

A photo posted by FunkFlex (@funkflex) on 
Dam, just heard @bigkap passed away. We were part of @funkflex & @jrosenblum1 DJ Crew "The Flip Squad" in the early 90's. I first remembered Kap when we were at the club "Homebass" Flex was on the main floor & I was playing upstairs. There were some nights I played on the main floor before Flex got there & Kap was on the mic. His voice in the clubs was pretty legendary. He would make me look like a million bucks when I was djing, telling me to stop the music & explain to the crowd who I was, then would tell me to do a quick DJ routine during the peak of the night with 2500 people inside. I will never forget the way he screamed the 5 boro's, especially at the tunnel party on Sunday nights. It usually ended with "Is Brooklyn In The Motherf*%#ing House!!!" Kap, you will be missed my man….. 🙏🏻#flipsquad #pitbulls #burnunit #bk #brooklyn #franklinave
A photo posted by Riz (@djriznyc) on 
Here’s Kap DJing for Biggie in the 90s.