camron-toy
I really can’t believe that Cam’ron is gearing up to really retire from rap for the most part and focus on his movie and television projects (Percentages 2 on the way and a pilot for a semi-autobiographical sitcom). Last year, he told the world that Purple Haze 2 would be his last solo album. I guess I felt it coming, but Cam and Dipset were such a big part of my childhood, it will truly be hard to let go for real.
However, the fat lady hasn’t sung yet, and the final Killa Season is upon us. In a serious history lesson, Harlem’s rap king is here with an autobiographical tale about some key individuals in his life.
Continue below…

                   
Toy Dawkins: “That’s my son’s mother. I’ve known her since I was eleven years old. During my teenage years, when I really wasn’t doing that well financially, she helped out a lot. Even though me and her were basically the same age, she always made sure I had a couple dollars in my pocket and clothes on my back—and that was before we even had a child. I never really shouted her out like that, so I just wanted to give her a shout out.”
Head over The Fader where he breaks down the real story behind each person mentioned on the song.
Related: